Romney campaigns with grandchildren
TROY, Ohio (AP) — Mitt Romney is focusing on his grandchildren on Father's Day, bringing three of them to talk to the reporters traveling on his campaign plane.
The likely Republican presidential nominee on Sunday brought Parker, Nick and Chloe Romney to meet the press corps that sometimes sits in the rear of his charter aircraft. Romney himself rarely answers questions in such settings.
Parker, 6, said he thinks "Papa" — the nickname his grandchildren use for him — will beat President Barack Obama in November.
Romney's grandchildren have traveled with the campaign regularly. Obama's young daughters, Sasha and Malia, traveled with him during the 2008 campaign, though he's generally shielded them from coverage since.
Romney was flying from Ohio to Wisconsin to continue his bus tour.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 13316Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 11704Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 5428Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 5363Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4511OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
- 4209Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law
- 3958How to help tornado victims