Ronaldinho signs 1-year extension with Atletico

Published on NewsOK Modified: January 31, 2014 at 3:16 pm •  Published: January 31, 2014
Advertisement
;

SAO PAULO (AP) — Brazilian club Atletico Mineiro says two-time FIFA player of the year Ronaldinho has signed a one-year contract extension.

Negotiations had been underway since Atletico played in FIFA's Club World Cup in December. Ronaldinho said at the time he wasn't sure whether he would remain with the club in 2014.

A World Cup winner with Brazil in 2002, Ronaldinho led Atletico Mineiro to the Copa Libertadores title last year.

The former Barcelona playmaker has said he remains hopeful of playing in this year's World Cup, although he hasn't been summoned by Brazil coach Luiz Felipe Scolari for several months.

The 33-year-old Ronaldinho will not play for Atletico Mineiro this weekend because of a suspension for a red card at the Club World Cup.



Trending Now


AROUND THE WEB

  1. 1
    Angels won't cap former OU pitcher Garrett Richards' innings
  2. 2
    McDonald's Allegedly Fires Mom Whose Daughter Played Outside While She Worked
  3. 3
    Verizon: We track you, you get free stuff
  4. 4
    Is this Apple's new iWatch?
  5. 5
    Survey: Users unhappy with Facebook
+ show more