Rondo has 20 assists, Celtics beat Raptors 107-89
Boston shot 56.6 percent against the struggling Raptors, who are off to a 2-7 start, and all 10 Celtics who played had at least two field goals.
"We can't afford to play such bad defense — especially against this type of team," Bargnani said. "One day we play good defense and then there are games like today where we play very bad defense, so I can't say it's getting better. We have to focus more and give a better effort."
The Celtics scored 11 straight over the end of the third quarter and first few minutes of the fourth to go up by 21 points.
Chris Wilcox dunked an alley-oop on Rondo's 19th assist, then Terry made another 3-pointer to put Boston up 79-64 entering the fourth.
Rondo left the game shortly after reaching 20 assists early in the fourth. He also had 20 assists against Philadelphia on Nov. 9.
After trailing by as much as 17 in the first quarter, Toronto regrouped in the second and chipped into the lead with a 13-4 run. Lucas' 3-pointer with 2:35 left pulled the Raptors to 42-39, but Pierce had a three-point play and the Celtics led 47-42 at halftime.
Boston was still out of sync early in the third and a few fans started booing when DeRozan's layup pulled Toronto to 55-53 with 6:38 left in the quarter.
Bargnani got Toronto close again with a pair of free throws, 63-61, with 3:30 left in the third. But Terry hit two 3-pointers as Boston went on an 11-1 run.
Notes: Toronto was coming off a win at Indiana on Tuesday night and has yet to win back-to-back games this season. ... Boston was playing for the third time in four days and has a game at Detroit on Sunday night. ... Sullinger's previous highs in his brief career were six points and seven rebounds. ... Calderon had nine of Toronto's 22 assists. ... Boston tied its season high for points, matching its total in a 120-107 loss to Miami in the opener.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 12097Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 11309Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 6870Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 6485Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 4833Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4317OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
- 3653Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law