Roofer's death at University of Oklahoma ruled accidental
The death of a roofer who fell from a work site at the University of Oklahoma this week has been ruled an accident.
NORMAN — The death of a roofer who fell from a work site at the University of Oklahoma this week has been ruled an accident.
Amy Elliott, a spokeswoman for the state medical examiner's office, said roofer Colby Shaw died of multiple blunt force injury.
Shaw fell from OU's Headington Hall at 9:15 a.m. Monday, said Dana Birkes, a spokeswoman for Flintco, the construction firm working on the building. After the man fell, other workers administered first aid and called 911, Birkes said.
The U.S. Department of Labor's Occupational Safety and Health Administration is investigating the incident, spokeswoman Elizabeth Todd said.
Headington Hall, the university's new athletic dormitory, is expected to open before the 2013 fall semester.
The incident comes just weeks after an OU student fell to her death from another campus building. Casey Cooke, 22, died after falling from Evans Hall in the early hours of June 3.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 11552Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 10742OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 6888Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 5464Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 5395Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 4853Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 4694OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins