Round Rock rallies past RedHawks
Julio Borbon's two-run single keyed a five-run ninth inning as the Round Rock Express rallied past the Oklahoma City RedHawks 6-3 on Saturday night at Chickasaw Bricktown Ballpark.
The loss snapped the RedHawks' six-game winning streak and dropped them two games behind the Albuquerque Isotopes in the Pacific Coast League's American South division. With just two games to play, any RedHawks loss or Isotopes win clinches the division for Albuquerque.
Round Rock trailed 3-1 entering the ninth inning but batted around in a five-run inning. Ryan Spilborghs had an RBI double, and Luis Hernandez added a two-run triple to cap the scoring.
Chuckie Fick (2-2) took the loss for the RedHawks, allowing four runs on two hits and a walk without recording an out in the ninth. Round Rock's Willie Eyre (1-2) picked up the win.
Round Rock and Oklahoma City continue the four-game series at 6:05 p.m. Sunday in Bricktown. Right-hander Greg Reynolds (11-8, 4.98 ERA) is scheduled to start for the Express against RedHawks right-hander Jose Cisnero (3-1, 3.28 ERA).
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 13515Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10081Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 9722Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 8902Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 6661Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 5295Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 4594Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister