Royal Bavaria — authentic German food, beer from scratch
NORMAN — As executive chef and owner, Andy Gmeiner is the mastermind behind a completely unique restaurant — Royal Bavarian, 3401 S Sooner Road.
5:30 to 9 p.m. Tuesday to Friday
4 to 9:30 p.m. Saturday
4 to 8:30 p.m. Sunday
He exhibit’s a philosophy through his restaurant which few establishments have throughout the country.
Andy Gmeiner is a Munich, Germany, native. After culinary school in Germany, Gmeiner was hired to move to Oklahoma to be the chef of Royal Bavaria. The restaurant open in January 1994 under Gmeiner’s vision. He left to take on other jobs, but in 2005, he returned to the restaurant and bought it in January 2008.
Gmeiner said at Royal Bavaria, everyone takes pride in making everything from scratch, whether it is salad dressings, homemade pastas, or the beer brewed in house.
Gmeiner brews three beers in the restaurant’s own brewery which is visible from every table in the dining room. There is a traditional Munich lager, a classic Hefeweizen, and the always popular Oktoberfest.
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 10457Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 9286Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 5848Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4983Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 4420Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law
- 4301Oklahoma tornadoes: Price family recovering after some heavy blows
- 4216How to help tornado victims