Royals fight Alzheimer's, hope to raise money
AUSTIN, Texas — Day by day, Alzheimer's disease is robbing Edith Royal of her beloved husband Darrell.
“He's in his childhood now,” she said in an interview this week at the assisted living facility where they live. “Sometimes, you wonder if anybody is ever going to make a breakthrough fighting this disease.”
NewsOK Related Articles
She is doing what she can to help, while also caring for the former Texas coach who won two national championships with the Longhorns in 1963 and 1969, a share of a third in 1970 and is still...
View full article on Oklahoman.com
How do I get Full Access?
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 17205Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 9411Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 9383Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 6982Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 6824Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 6420Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 6294Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit