RSVP of Central Oklahoma receives IFund grant
RSVP of Central Oklahoma, is pleased to announce receipt of a $15,000 iFunds Services for Elderly grant from the Oklahoma City Community Foundation (OCCF) to support RSVP Telephone Buddies and RSVP Provide-A-Ride.
RSVP Telephone Buddies utilizes volunteers age 55+ to make regularly scheduled phone calls to senior citizens who are isolated in their communities, performing wellness checks on clients and providing much needed friendship over the phone.
RSVP Provide-A-Ride utilizes volunteers age 55+ to drive low to moderate-income persons age 60 and older to medical appointments. This free service ensures Oklahoma county seniors with no means of transportation are able to get to necessary medical appointments and treatments.
RSVP of Central Oklahoma is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization providing services such as Telephone Buddies and Provide-A-Ride to clients at no cost to them.
Beth Patterson, RSVP executive director, says: “We are excited about this generous grant from iFunds, which will allow RSVP to serve additional clients in need. There are so many seniors who do not have adequate or affordable transportation, or anyone checking on their well-being on a regular basis.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 21543Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10852Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 8707Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 8666Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 8648Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7837Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 7718Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister