Rubio: I can convince most Hispanics to vote Republican
Sen. Marco Rubio, R-Fla., thinks Republicans shouldn’t worry that Hispanics legalized by the bipartisan immigration reform outlined yesterday will vote for Democratic candidates en masse.
“I am confident that, given a fair chance, I can convince most Americans, including Americans of Hispanic descent, that limited government and free enterprise is better for them and better for their upward mobility than big government is,” Rubio told Rush Limbaugh. “Because that’s the reason why they came here.”
The Washington Post’s Chris Cillizza suggests that Rubio is taking a gamble that has huge upside and downside for the possibility of a 2016 presidential campaign.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 90701Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 17035OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 12738Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8924Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8598Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8454How to help tornado victims
- 8359Oklahoma tornado: Names of dead released; missing individuals located