Rubio says he feels good after 1st practice
MINNEAPOLIS (AP) — Ricky Rubio practiced with the Minnesota Timberwolves on Sunday for the first time this season. He says his surgically repaired left knee feels good and he's anxious to see how his body responds on Monday.
There is still no timetable for his first game. Rubio says he wants to be sure his knee is 100 percent before he comes back. Rubio tore the ACL and LCL in his knee last March. He was cleared by doctors to resume full-contact practice last week.
Coach Rick Adelman says Rubio's instincts and court vision haven't gone anywhere in the last nine months. The coach thinks it's only a matter of getting Rubio back into playing shape before he's ready to go.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 16804Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 8821OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 6453Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 5885Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 5756OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 4970Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 4920Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater