Run your socks off for kids on Dec. 1
Run your socks off Dec. 1 in the Reindeer Run to support NorthCare’s Crisis Counseling services and help make a difference in the lives of Oklahoma’s Children.
Once again, the Oklahoma City Running Club (the Landrunners) has selected the NorthCare Reindeer Run as a part of its 10k race series.
This is the fourth annual Reindeer Run and this year the theme is “Crazy Socks!” Wear your most interesting, craziest socks and participate in the Reindeer Dash, 5k or 10k run through local neighborhoods. There will be prizes for the “craziest” socks.
According to Lisa Macias, chief reindeer officer: “All proceeds from the race will benefit crisis counseling for children. Each year NorthCare works with over 2,000 children impacted by child abuse, neglect and mental illness. This race is the only event NorthCare has to support these services and your support is greatly appreciated.”
NorthCare’s vision is to enhance quality of life by promoting hope and dignity for all Oklahomans. We have been serving children, families and individuals since 1981. NorthCare helps more than 13,000 Oklahomans annually who experience emotional or substance abuse issues.
Crisis Counseling for Children is designed to provide high-quality outpatient mental health services to children, adolescents and families that have been impacted by trauma.
Children who have experienced trauma such as abuse or neglect can recover from the physical and emotional harm of being victimized. NorthCare provides a safe and therapeutic environment to work through the trauma and related feelings.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 39102Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15291Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 9778Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 9437Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 9040Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 7843Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 7624Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister