Sallisaw police chief admits taking petty cash, city official says
Sallisaw Police Chief Shaloa Edwards told city officials he took less than $100 in petty cash and is now under formal investigation.
SALLISAW — The police chief of a small eastern Oklahoma town has confessed to taking less than $100 in city funds, although he told investigators he didn’t see anything wrong with it.
Sallisaw Police Chief Shaloa Edwards is being investigated for leaving an IOU for $40 inside a petty cash drawer at the police station.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 11499Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 8698Read live updates from the May 20 Moore tornado
- 7434How to help tornado victims
- 4914Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 2111Oklahoma twister tracked path of 1999 tornado
- 1490Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say