Same-sex families no different than heterosexual families
In response to John M. Salmeron (Your Views, May 20): The notion that we can't move forward on same-sex marriage based on history or religion is wrong. If America always kept things the way they are, interracial marriage would still be illegal. Salmeron said same-sex couples can be allowed the same rights without calling it marriage, but all I hear him say is his family is better than mine. I know the value of my family and it's just as valuable as a heterosexual family. Same-sex families are no different from heterosexual families in that my spouse and I are in a loving and committed relationship. We are productive members of our community, state and country; as such, we deserve the same rights that he enjoys.
NewsOK Related Articles
Colby Ingram, Sulphur
Readers wishing to respond to a letter to the editor can submit a response.
Voices Photo Galleriesview all
- 402At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 378Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 347How to help tornado victims
- 247Read live updates from the May 20 Moore tornado
- 147Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 93Twitter reaction from the sports world on the Moore/OKC tornadoes
- 52Social media used to send prayers and condolences to Oklahoma in wake of deadly tornadoes