Samford, Southern Miss. new to Razorbacks in 2013
FAYETTEVILLE, Ark. (AP) — Halfway through a football season that hasn't met expectations, Arkansas has unveiled its 2013 schedule.
The Razorbacks announced Thursday they will play Samford and Southern Mississippi for the first time ever, and play on the East Coast for the first time since 1940.
Arkansas had hoped to contend for a national title this year but suffered a four-game losing streak last month.
Five games will be played in Fayetteville next season and two will be at Little Rock. A Sept. 21 game at Rutgers will be the first time Arkansas has played in the northeastern U.S. since playing Fordham in 1940.
The entire schedule:
Aug. 31, vs. Louisiana-Lafayette
Sept. 7, vs. Samford at Little Rock
Sept. 14, vs. Southern Mississippi
Sept. 21, at Rutgers
Sept. 28, vs. Texas A&M
Oct. 5, at Florida
Oct. 12, vs. South Carolina
Oct. 19, at Alabama
Nov. 2, vs. Auburn
Nov. 9, at Ole Miss
Nov. 23, vs. Mississippi State at Little Rock
Nov. 30, at LSU
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 71664Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 31265Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 29267Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 20588Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 6679Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 6629Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 6010Oklahoma tornadoes: Several homes damaged by tornado, but no injuries in Edmond