Samsung schedules March event, S IV phone likely
NEW YORK (AP) — Samsung is holding an event in New York next month to announce what is likely to be a successor to its flagship Galaxy S III smartphone.
In an invitation sent to journalists, Samsung Electronics Co. hints at a Galaxy S IV by teasing, "Ready 4 The Show." The March 14 event will be held at Radio City Music Hall.
Samsung began selling the S III last May. Samsung didn't say how soon after an announcement it would make a successor available for sale.
The Galaxy series runs on Google's Android system. The screen size has increased with each version: The Galaxy S had a screen that measured 4 inches diagonally. It was followed by the S II at 4.3 inches, and the S III at 4.8 inches.
Business Photo Galleriesview all
- 90847Read live updates from the May 20 Moore tornado
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 9606Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad