‘Save Veronica’ protesters head to Washington to push for adoption law changes
Protesters will lobby Congress to change the Indian Child Welfare Act of 1978, after her adoptive parents in South Carolina lost custody of “Baby Veronica” to her birth father in Oklahoma. The South Carolina couple had raised the girl from birth.
View full article on Oklahoman.com
How do I get Full Access?
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 11434Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 11103Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 9903Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 8455Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 4574Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4269Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 4107OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M