H: ° L: °,
SCE&G holding meeting about hydroelectric licenses
COLUMBIA, S.C. (AP) — Officials with a South Carolina power company are talking about the process of relicensing for two of its facilities.
South Carolina Electric & Gas Co. is holding a public meeting on Tuesday in Columbia.
SCE&G says its license from the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission to operate two facilities that are part of the Parr Hydroelectric Project in Jenkinsville is coming up for renewal.
At the meeting, officials say they'll talk about how relicensing works and let people know how they can take part in the process. Representatives from SCE&G will also talk about recreation, as well as lake and land management.
Business Photo Galleriesview all
- 13976Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 9656Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 9589Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 8454Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 6577Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 6030Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 5383Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister