Scholarships available for Oklahoma teachers to attend Jump$tart conference
Two Oklahoma teachers will win trips to a national conference on how to teach personal finance to K-12 students.
Two Oklahoma teachers will win scholarships to attend the National Jump$tart Teachers Conference in Chicago.
The conference, held Nov. 2-4, aims to help teachers integrate lessons about personal finance into K-12 curriculums.
The Oklahoma Jump$tart Coalition will sponsor the scholarships, which are open to all K-12 educators who teach personal finance, consumer finance, economics or related subjects. Academic administrators may also apply. The scholarships cover airfare, two nights' lodging, conference meals and materials, plus $300 travel stipend.
The deadline to apply is Sept. 14. To apply, contact Cynthia Campbell at firstname.lastname@example.org.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 14605Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 9594Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 8537Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 8009Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 6980Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 6486Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 6299Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister