Copyright ©2012 The Associated Press. Produced by NewsOK.com All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
School budget cuts
<p /> “School districts are lean,” he said. “There’s not a lot of extra budgeting.” Lindley also said the economy’s effect on the state’s public schools budget is an “international issue,” and while these cutbacks may be noticable local to parents and students it’s “not just in Oklahoma.” Some schools in Oklahoma have announced plans for block scheduling next year in an attempt to use teachers as efficiently as possible. Blocked scheduling is longer class periods but fewer classes each day. Grandfield public schools are converting to a four day school week, to cut costs in salary, transportation and utilities.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 79546Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 30543Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 28179Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 26729Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 7711Bounty hunters look for bail jumpers, fugitives on the streets of Oklahoma City
- 7142Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 7088Oklahoma tornadoes: Several homes damaged by tornado, but no injuries in Edmond