School Connections needs school uniform donations
Donations of gently used school uniforms and other clothing and shoes are sought by the nonprofit agency School Connections.
New and gently used uniform donations are now being accepted by School Connections, a program of Christmas Connection Inc. that provides school uniforms and clothing to children from low-income families.
With the transition to a year-round school calendar by Oklahoma City Public Schools, inventory is low and students will still need uniforms through the summer months.
Solid color polo-style shirts in assorted colors without logos and khaki pants, shorts, and skirts are needed, according to a news release. Seasonal clothing for students at schools without a uniform policy are also needed in all styles and sizes from preschool to adult.
Sports shoes and tennis shoes in all sizes are always in demand. All shoes styles are accepted.
Students eligible for School Connections are screened and referred directly by the school.
Additionally, Christmas Connection will accept lost and found items remaining at the end of the school year. Volunteers assist in laundering the items and then are made available to families served by Christmas Connection. Locations such as health clubs, churches and others that have lost and found items also may donate.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 21736Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 17602Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 12531Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 9970Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 9708Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 9584Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 7184Tulsa man tells police he smashed woman's head in self-defense