Share “School counselors and psychologists can...”

School counselors and psychologists can provide free mental health help

Modified: July 31, 2012 at 3:07 pm •  Published: July 30, 2012


Another excellent free source is in place in most public schools: school counselors and school psychologists. Both have been trained in counseling children and adolescents.

A school psychologist has completed an intensive graduate degree program which, in addition to course work, includes a practicum in counseling, a practicum in psychometry and a year-long internship. Both Oklahoma State University and University of Central Oklahoma have school psychology programs that are approved and nationally recognized by the National Association of School Psychologists (NASP).

Information about the role of school psychologist can be found at