School gun bills need thoughtful review
NewsOK Related Articles
Several school administrators oppose the bill, but hundreds of teachers and other school personnel have reportedly signed up for free firearms courses.
One size won't fit all schools dealing with security challenges. And without funding for training, this particular discussion may be moot. We've cautioned against knee-jerk reactions, pro-gun or con, in the school security debate. We recognize that the issue raised by Lamb would also apply to armed guards.
What's most important is for lawmakers to be just as thoughtful in developing policies to protect children and bystanders as the Secret Service is protecting the president.
Voices Photo Galleriesview all
- 101218Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15357OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 13402Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8724Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8110How to help tornado victims
- 8098Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8041Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort