School trigger laws enhance local control
NewsOK Related Articles
Those who typically blame school shortcomings on a lack of parental involvement will likely object to this legislation, which requires majority parental involvement. The parent trigger is local control on steroids.
We don't expect the trigger to be pulled often. It won't be a silver bullet for education woes. But the mere threat of it will increase parents' leverage when dealing with school bureaucracies and encourage needed change at low-performing schools.
That alone would make this legislation a success.
Voices Photo Galleriesview all
- 402At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 378Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 347How to help tornado victims
- 247Read live updates from the May 20 Moore tornado
- 147Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 93Twitter reaction from the sports world on the Moore/OKC tornadoes
- 52Social media used to send prayers and condolences to Oklahoma in wake of deadly tornadoes