School trigger laws enhance local control
NewsOK Related Articles
Those who typically blame school shortcomings on a lack of parental involvement will likely object to this legislation, which requires majority parental involvement. The parent trigger is local control on steroids.
We don't expect the trigger to be pulled often. It won't be a silver bullet for education woes. But the mere threat of it will increase parents' leverage when dealing with school bureaucracies and encourage needed change at low-performing schools.
That alone would make this legislation a success.
Voices Photo Galleriesview all
- 96583Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 17286OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 13078Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8797Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8670Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8388How to help tornado victims
- 7627Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort