Scientific theories are proven, they're supported
In response to Dave Osborn (Your Views, Dec. 7): In the world of science, theories aren't proven, they're only supported. That being said, there is indeed a lot of evidence to support evolution — view the world with the eye of an observer and you'll find many. Evolution is called a theory not because there's no evidence to support it, but because it's a process that explains the “fact” that evolution is real.
NewsOK Related Articles
If one can accept that there are different species, it's only fair to also accept that there is evolution. Based on that, the topic of evolution has always been controversial because of its implications on the possible history of man. Being a Christian shouldn't limit us from wanting to explore the environment we live in.
Questions like who, what, where, why and how are exactly what science is all about. Scientists seek to explain why things are the way they are. That's my definition of critical thinking.
Uchenne Mbaroanye, Norman
Readers wishing to respond to a letter to the editor can submit a response.
Voices Photo Galleriesview all
- 101218Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15357OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 13402Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8724Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8110How to help tornado victims
- 8098Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8041Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort