OKC Thunder: Scott Brooks' bond with players key to new deal
The same qualities that helped coach take over in 2008 have lifted the team near the top of the NBA.
Everything changed for the Oklahoma City Thunder the night Scott Brooks took over as coach.
On that November night, Brooks inherited a 10-game losing streak and a league-worst 1-12 record. As he stood in front of his team for the first time, preparing to deliver his first pregame speech as a head coach, Brooks barely knew where to begin.
Videoview all videos
Jul 3Darnell Mayberry and Berry Tramel explain why it was so...
Jul 3The Thunder head coach reportedly now has a four-year...
Photoview all photos
NewsOK Related Articles
“I knew we had a long road ahead,” Brooks remembered.
“But I saw potential. I saw excitement.”
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 10959Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 10925Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 9866Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 9099Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 5228Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 4380Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 3947OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M