Seahawks linebacker Smith out with concussion
SAN FRANCISCO (AP) — Seattle Seahawks linebacker Malcolm Smith left Thursday night's game at San Francisco with a concussion.
Smith went down when he made a hard, helmet-first tackle on 49ers return man Ted Ginn Jr. on the opening kickoff and was helped off the field. The Seahawks later announced that Smith would not return to the game.
The teams came into the divisional game tied for first place in the NFC West with 4-2 records.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 90847Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 47098Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 30921Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims