OKEMAH — Tape of the 911 call made last week shortly after the gunshot deaths of two young girls won't be released, an Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation spokeswoman said today.
Jessica Brown said tape of the call made by the grandfather of one of the girls will not be released because the tape was "very emotional," and would not advance investigation into the deaths of 13-year-old Taylor Paschal-Placker and 11-year-old Skyla Whitaker. She also said the OSBI was withholding it at the request of family members who said they did not want to relive the moments surrounding the call.
The bodies of were found eight days ago on the side of a secluded dirt road, just 300 yards from Taylor's house.
Brown also said there would be no daily media briefings beginning Tuesday unless there are developments in the case.
Although the daily press conferences were ending, Brown said, the investigation was still an around-the-clock operation, and that investigators were still following up on hundreds of leads and would continue to interview and re-interview witnesses as new information was presented.
Armed with "new information" after weekend roadblocks and questioning neighbors, investigators spent much of Monday re-interviewing friends and family members who were closest to the girls, Brown said.
How to Profit From Fracking and Shale. Access Our Free Report Here.