Search engine Baidu says profit up 36 percent
China has the world's biggest population of Internet users, which grew 10 percent last year to 564 million, according to an industry group, the China Internet Network Information Center. The number of Chinese Web surfers who go online from mobile phones, tablet computers and other wireless rose 18.1 percent to 420 million.
Baidu has about 80 percent of China's Internet search market but faces a challenge from upstart rival Qihoo 360 Technology Ltd.
Sohu.com Inc., a popular Web portal, reported Monday its quarterly revenue rose 22 percent.
Business Photo Galleriesview all
- 15993Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 12289Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 11194OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 9941Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 9689Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 8745Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 8728Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated