Search resumes for missing man on Oologah Lake
OOLOGAH — Authorities say one man is missing after a fishing boat capsized on Oologah Lake.
OOLOGAH — The search has resumed for an Oklahoma man who went missing when his fishing boat capsized on Oologah Lake.
The Rogers County Sheriff's Office says 35-year-old Jeremy Brewer was fishing with his uncle and cousin when their boat hit a wave Thursday and started to sink. A local television station reports that Brewer's uncle and cousin made it safely to shore but that Brewer disappeared in about 25 feet of water.
Authorities say the two survivors were taken to a Tulsa-area hospital where they were treated for hypothermia.
The search for Brewer was suspended Thursday at dark and resumed Friday morning.
Boat operator Olen Brewer, 56, of Oolagah was rescued and is in a Tulsa hospital being treated.
Also rescued was Damen Brewer, 30, of Oolagah who was on the boat. Damen Brewer is also in a Tulsa hospital being treated.
Officials say the boat capsized about two miles north of Oologah Dam on the west side of the lake.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press.
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 21736Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 17602Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 12531Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 9970Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 9708Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 9584Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 7184Tulsa man tells police he smashed woman's head in self-defense