Search warrants returned in sex abuse case against University of Oklahoma social work professor
Search warrants provide new information in sex abuse case against OU social work professor. Dwain Pellebon, has been arrested and suspended from the university.
NORMAN — A University of Oklahoma professor facing complaints of rape and lewd acts with a
Videoview all videos
Photoview all photos
NewsOK Related Articles
Dwain Pellebon, who was arrested Friday, is accused of sexually abusing at least two teenage girls in this case.
Search warrant affidavits show that authorities were alerted by a child welfare worker out of McClain County.
Pellebon, 54, a social work professor at OU, has not been formally charged in Cleveland County District Court.
A state Department of Human Services worker told Norman police that a 13-year-old reported seeing Pellebon fondle another 13-year-old, according to a search warrant affidavit.
The McClain County worker also told police she believed Pellebon had abused a mentally disabled 15-year-old, who has shown “recent sexualized behavior,” according to the affidavit.
The 15-year-old told police that Pellebon had raped her at least twice, once in 2010 and once this past summer. The girl also said the suspect would frequently remove her from bed, strip off her clothes and display her on a bed for viewing.
Pellebon, 54, was interviewed by a Norman detective last week at his residence, where he told investigators that he was an “affectionate, sensual man who liked to hug, kiss, cuddle and stroke young girls that he felt close to,” according to the affidavit.
The suspect also admitted to viewing child pornography “one time” but stated that he had never downloaded any of it.
Pellebon denied any sexual contact with the girls, court records show.
Norman police searched Pellebon's residence and office on the OU campus last week, removing several computers, cellphones, a digital camera and a handwritten journal, court records show.
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 14439Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 9547Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 7937Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 7761Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 6962Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 6428Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 6287Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister