The homicide of Seminole native Casey Jo Pipestem will be featured in the new one-hour special “ID Investigates: Killer Truckers,” airing at 9 p.m. Tuesday, Aug. 13 on Investigation Discovery.
Details on the special, provided by Investigation Discovery, are as follows:
KILLER TRUCKERS pulls back the curtain to explore contributing forces and environments that breed criminality along our nation’s highways through the lens of four distinct stories of tragedy, including the homicide of Casey Jo Pipestem. Pipestem was just 19 years old when she fell victim to a serial killer who targeted prostitutes and hitchhikers at truck stops all across the country.
KILLER TRUCKERS examines Pipestem’s case and its impact on a breakthrough investigation of seven women murdered along interstate highways that led the FBI to form the “Highway Serial Killings Initiative,” which raises awareness among law enforcement agencies and the general public about highway murders.
This episode includes interviews with Pipestem’s sister, Taffney Harjo, who will be the keynote speaker at a commercial sex trafficking symposium in Tulsa from August 19-22.
Other interviewees in the episode are:
· Terri Turner, investigation analyst supervisor with the Oklahoma State Investigation Bureau
· Clarke Fine, detective captain of the Hendricks County Sheriff’s Department
· Allen Smith, founder of TruthAboutTrucking.com and the Truck Driver Social Media Convention in Kansas City, MO
· Sandi Talbot, truck driver
· Desiree Wood, truck driver and blogger
· Ginger Strand, author of “Killer on the Road”
· Dr. Michael Rustigan, criminal psychologist.