Sen. Tom Coburn to unveil plan to slash federal spending by at least $9 trillion
Sen. Tom Coburn's plan would affect nearly all facets of government spending and close tax loopholes.
WASHINGTON — Sen. Tom Coburn plans to unveil a $9 trillion deficit-reduction plan Monday that would cut most government programs, reshape entitlements, sell off federal property and close some tax loopholes.
Videoview all videos
Jul 18Sen. Tom Coburn unveils a plan in Washington to save $9...
Photoview all photos
NewsOK Related Articles
Coburn's 10-year plan would achieve most of its savings from cuts — including to the defense budget — and structural changes to Social Security and Medicare, like raising the eligibility age...
View full article on Oklahoman.com
How do I get Full Access?
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 24523Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15852Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 10645Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 9696Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 9156Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 8753Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 8578Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena