Senators acquire Kassian from Wild for draft pick
OTTAWA (AP) — The Ottawa Senators have acquired forward Matt Kassian from the Minnesota Wild on Tuesday for a sixth-round pick in the 2014 draft.
The 26-year-old Kassian has been playing for Houston of the AHL. In nine games with the Aeros, Kassian has one goal and 12 penalty minutes.
Kassian made his NHL debut during the 2010-11 season after being chosen in the second round of the 2005 draft. In 28 career NHL games, all with the Wild, Kassian has two goals and 27 penalty minutes.
In 229 career AHL games with Houston, Kassian has 12 goals, 12 assists and 505 penalty minutes.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 36901Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 36295Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 32626Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 8549Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 5487OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 4132Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 4021Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad