Senators sign Neil to 3-year contract extension
OTTAWA, Ontario (AP) — The Ottawa Senators have signed veteran forward Chris Neil to a three-year contract extension.
The 33-year-old has spent his entire 10-season career with the Senators, recording 90 goals and 110 assists along with a franchise-leading 1,861 penalty minutes.
The Flesherton, Ontario, native had 13 goals and 15 assists in 72 games last season.
Neil became just the fourth Ottawa player to appear in 700 games on Jan. 21 in Anaheim.
Neil was selected 161st overall by the Sens in the 1998 NHL draft.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 10457Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 9286Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 5848Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4983Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 4420Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law
- 4301Oklahoma tornadoes: Price family recovering after some heavy blows
- 4216How to help tornado victims