Seniors learn how to better use their smartphones
The traveling seminar AT&T Reconnect Tour stopped in Oklahoma City recently to teach seniors how to use smartphones and tablets. “If we don't learn more about the electronic things, we'll be lost in the past somewhere,” attendee Ralph Beal said.
She already has a smartphone, but wanted to know more about it, she said while sending text messages.
“When you buy the phone, they don't give you much information,” Washington said.
Ralph Beal, 82, a sports fan, said he was there to learn more about how to use a smartphone to track golf and other sports scores, find good restaurants and use the maps features.
“If we don't learn more about the electronic things, we'll be lost in the past somewhere,” Beal said.
AT&T isn't the only mobile company that is helping people learn to use the devices they sell — Verizon posts a list of local workshops on its website and U.S. Cellular stores host them, too.
Contact your local stores for more information.
Life Photo Galleriesview all
- 10457Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 9286Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 5848Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4983Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 4420Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law
- 4301Oklahoma tornadoes: Price family recovering after some heavy blows
- 4216How to help tornado victims