Sentencing hearing set for ex-Oklahoma teacher
SHAWNEE — A former Oklahoma teacher who pleaded no contest to child exploitation and pornography charges is scheduled for to be sentenced in Pottawatomie County.
SHAWNEE— A former Oklahoma teacher who pleaded no contest to child exploitation and pornography charges is scheduled for to be sentenced in Pottawatomie County.
Videoview all videos
Mar 12Already convicted of a laundry list of sex crimes against...
NewsOK Related Articles
The hearing is scheduled Friday for 50-year-old Kimberly Crain. Crain pleaded no contest in January when a co-defendant, former professor of early childhood development Gary Doby of Pennsylvania, pleaded guilty to child exploitation charges and was sentenced to life in prison.
Prosecutors allege Crain took photos of young girls while they changed clothes in her third-grade classroom and her home, including photos of some of the girls naked, and sent the images to Doby.
Crain faces up to life in prison but has asked District Judge John Canavan Jr. to sentence her to probation. Canavan has told Crain that she faces a minimum sentence of 25 years.
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 90847Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 47098Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 30921Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims