Sentencing set Jan. 8 for former leader of Oklahoma Senate
Former Sen. Mike Morgan was convicted at trial of accepting $12,000 in bribes.
The sentencing for former state Senate leader Mike Morgan has been set for Jan. 8 in Oklahoma City federal court.
A jury in March convicted Morgan, 57, of Stillwater, of accepting $12,000 in bribes. He faces up to 10 years in prison.
U.S. District Judge Robin Cauthron will decide his punishment. Morgan is seeking probation. Prosecutors have asked the judge to sentence Morgan to a significant, lengthy prison term.
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 35743Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 30080Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 9255Tornado levels homes in trailer park
- 7252Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 6705OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 3930Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 3921OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures