September Letter of the Month winner: Ott Johnson of Stillwater
However, teachers pay inflated higher education tuition and fees, study and attend classes for their education and teaching certificates, proof of teaching knowledge and ability as determined by and colleges. If our teachers are inferior, shouldn't those institutions take responsibility for their inferior product?
Still, our boards of regents and unions keep clamoring for more tax and tuition dollars to do the same ol' same ol' while expecting improved results! Let's get off the backs of primary and secondary teachers who daily struggle to educate our children with the handicap of federal guidelines and undisciplined students and place the blame where it belongs.
Readers wishing to respond to a letter to the editor can submit a response.
Voices Photo Galleriesview all
- 14605Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 9594Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 8537Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 8009Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 6980Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 6486Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 6299Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister