OKC Thunder: Serge Ibaka finishes second in Defensive Player of the Year voting
Thunder forward Serge Ibaka finished a close second to New York center Tyson Chandler for Defensive Player of the Year.
Thunder forward Serge Ibaka finished a close second to New York center Tyson Chandler for Defensive Player of the Year, the league announced Wednesday.
Videoview all videos
May 2Can Kevin Durant break out of his shooting slump? Berry...
May 2The Thunder star has been in a shooting rut in the past...
May 2Who will take Game 3 in the Thunder-Mavs series of the...
Photoview all 50 photos
NewsOK Related Articles
Chandler garnered 45 first-place votes, 25 second-place votes and 11 third-place votes to tally 311 points. Ibaka received 41 first-place votes, 24 second-place votes and 17 first-place votes to finish with 294 points.
A panel of 121 sportswriters and broadcasters voted on the award, with five points awarded for each first-place vote, three points for each second-place vote and one point for each third-place vote.
Ibaka led the league in total blocked shots for the second consecutive season, registering 241 in 66 games this year. His 3.65 blocks per game became the highest average by a player since Theo Ratliff in the 2000-01 season. Ibaka recorded at least 10 blocked shots in three games this season, the first time a player has done that since Shawn Bradley in the 1995-96 season.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
VIDEOS FROM NBA TV
Buy Tickets View all
- 10457Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 9286Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 5848Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4983Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 4420Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law
- 4301Oklahoma tornadoes: Price family recovering after some heavy blows
- 4216How to help tornado victims