Services set for Shawnee sailor killed in Afghanistan
The funeral for Seaman Eric D. Warren, 23, of Shawnee, will be Tuesday in Shawnee. He died May 26 after he was hit with an improvised explosive device in Afghanistan.
SHAWNEE — Services will be Tuesday for a Shawnee sailor killed in Afghanistan last week.
Seaman Eric D. Warren, 23, died May 26 after he was hit when an improvised explosive device went off in the Sangin District of Helmand province, military officials said.
Warren, who graduated from McLoud High School in 2008, was on his third deployment, serving as a combat corpsman with the Marines. Navy sailors provide medical care for the Marines.
Visitation will be at Resthaven Funeral Home. Funeral services are set for 2 p.m. Tuesday at Downtown Pentecostal Church, 518 E 7th. Interment will follow at Resthaven Memorial Park. Services are under the direction of Resthaven Funeral Home.
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 18478Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 8171OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 6350Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 6186Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 6108OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 4747Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 4683Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater