Sessions: Jack Lew helped Obama’s campaign by lying about the budget
Sen. Jeff Sessions, R-Ala., suggested that White House chief of staff Jack Lew, who has been nominated to the post of Treasury Secretary, played spin doctor for President Obama’s reelection campaign by falsely claiming that Obama’s budget would pay down the debt.
“[Lew] continued to spin and repeat those misstatements and indeed the president was running ads on it in September right before the election, saying the same thing — that his budget paid down the debt — and it’s absolutely not true,” Sessions told Fox News’ Greta Van Susteren last night.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 89274Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 14075Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 8763Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort
- 7637Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7585Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 7472How to help tornado victims
- 6832OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents