Seven Oklahoma hospitals partners of management company criticized in '60 Minutes' story
Integris Health, an Oklahoma City-based health system, said in a statement Monday that claims made in a “60 Minutes” story about Health Management Associates did not affect their relationship with the national health care company.
Photoview all photos
Health Management Associates, which partners with 70 hospitals in 15 states, was the focus of a “60 Minutes” story that aired Sunday, alleging the management group pressured doctors to over-admit emergency room patients to increase revenue.
Earlier this year, Health Management Associates began managing Integris Health's regional hospitals in Blackwell, Clinton, Madill, Pryor and Seminole.
The hospitals continue to carry the Integris name.
“The concerns expressed in the ‘60 Minutes' story predate our partnership, although we were made aware of the claims,” according to the statement from Integris Health. “HMA has been transparent with us and insists there is no basis for the allegations. Our focus is always to provide the highest quality care to our patients. We hold our partners to the same high standards.”
Health Management Associates also has a long-term lease with Midwest Regional Medical Center in Midwest City. The company also has a joint agreement with physician investors to operate the Medical Center of Southeast Oklahoma in Durant.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 14605Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 9594Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 8537Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 8009Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 6980Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 6486Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 6299Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister