Severe Weather News
The annual event features a storm chaser car show, hourly weather balloon launches, tours of the National Weather Center and its federal forecasting offices and abundant children's activities
NOAA Administrator Jane Lubchenco visited NOAA Weather Partners sites in Norman, said she was impressed by the interaction between research and actual radars and other tools for weather and climate.
Interactive Weather Radar
Videoview all videos
May 21From the heroics of a man saving his wife and dogs, to...
May 21The Camden Village shopping area was devastated by...
May 21Diana Palmore and her two children survived in Plaza...
May 21Tornado warnings were sounded on the hospital's intercom...
May 21The Orr Family Farm was destroyed by the May 20, 2013,...
May 21Watch as our camera's fly over the trail of devastation...
May 21Captain Dexter Nelson spoke with Dave Morris about what...
Photoview all 42 photos
Severe Weather News Articles
Oklahoma Weather Blog
Oklahoman weather columnist Bryan Painter offers daily insight into the strange and unpredictable world of Oklahoma weather and severe weather news.
- Recent Posts
- Situation Update: Oklahoma Department of Emergency Management (10 p.m.)
- Preliminary EF5, damage survey, for May 20, 2013 Newcastle/Moore tornado, National Weather Service, Norman
- Significant weather advisory, National Weather Service, Norman
- EF5 damage has been found at Briarwood Elementary School, said Rick Smith, National Weather Service, Norman
- Significant weather advisory for Pontotoc, Coal, Hughes counties
- Preliminary information on Newcastle/Moore Tornado, EF4; est. peak wind 190 mph, path 17 miles
- Significant weather advisory
- Significant weather advisory for Lincoln, Payne
Read more Oklahoma Weather Blog
Severe Weather Links
- Shelter list
- know it: Winter Survival
- Download WeatherWatch iPhone app
- Power outages
- Will Rogers Airport flight status
- School closings
- Home storm checklist
- Car storm checklist
- Oklahoma road conditions
- National road conditions
- Toll-free numbers for road conditions
- Regional snow routes
- Listen to live scanners
- Oklahoma traffic conditions
Severe Weather Resources
- OG&E power outages
- Facts on winter weather
- Prepare for the extreme cold
- Wind Chill Chart
- Do I have frostbite?
- Do I have hypothermia?
- How quick can I get frostbite?
- Climate Change Timeline (AP Interactive)