On Wednesday, October 12 - three days before the Race for the Cure - The Oklahoman will produce a special section covering breast cancer from multiple perspectives: the disease as a whole, the struggles both men and women experience during their fight with it, the search for a cure, and the ways the Susan G. Komen for the Cure Central and Western Oklahoma Affiliate has changed how we fight against this disease.
The section will include a celebration of the bravery, persistence, and hope of people whose lives have been affected by breast cancer. It's a chance for survivors and the friends and family of those taken by breast cancer to document their experience with this disease.
If you or someone you love has experienced breast cancer, we encourage you to write a story and post their picture in this Celebration section. The cost to you is $25, and 5% of this will be donated to the Susan G. Komen for the Cure Central and Western Oklahoma Affiliate.
To tell your story (If you have any questions please contact Gina Calame at 405-475-3395):
- .Go to Youradsok.com (Click Here) (the submission process is handled through this website, not the Susan Komen site)
- Click on "Create your ad" below the login box".
- Select "Susan G. Komen (Publishes 10/12/11)" from the box on the left.
- Select the option for "Memorial Celebration or Survivor Story" once it appears in the box on the right (option will appear shortly after step 1 is completed).
- Click on the "Continue" button at the bottom right of the square on the right.
- Select the appropriate template. Choose "in Memoriam" or "Survivor" based on the type of story you choose to share.
- Once step 4 is completed click on the "Continue" button at the bottom right.
- Enter your story in the area labeled "Ad Copy". Place your name in the area labeled "name".
- Upload a photo by click the folder icon next to the area that reads "No image selected" (If you need to crop your image you can do so by clicking on the "crop" icon just below the folder icon after you've uploaded your image).
- Click on "Continue" at the bottom right.
- Proof your submission on the next page. If everything looks correct click "Continue" otherwise click "Back" to edit.
- Click on the "12" on the calendar to right in the center of the screen. Then click "Continue".
- Fill out the necessary information and click "Continue". If you already have an account you can bypass this step and login.
- Enter your billing information and click "Purchase Ad".
If you have any questions please contact Gina Calame at 405-475-3395