Sharks announce change in ownership group
SAN JOSE, Calif. (AP) — San Jose Sharks majority owner Hasso Plattner has purchased the shares formerly held by investors Kevin Compton and Stratton Sclavos and will now serve as the team's representative on the NHL's Board of Governors.
The Sharks announced the change on Wednesday.
Plattner says there will be no changes to the day-to-day operations with general manager Doug Wilson overseeing the hockey operations and Malcolm Bordelon in charge of the business side.
Plattner has been part of the ownership group since 2002 and has been the majority owner since 2010. He founded software maker SAP AG and has been chairman of the supervisory board and chief software adviser since retiring as CEO in 2003.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 75968Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 30909Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 28067Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 24729Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 6906Bounty hunters look for bail jumpers, fugitives on the streets of Oklahoma City
- 6904Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 6686Oklahoma tornadoes: Several homes damaged by tornado, but no injuries in Edmond