Shawnee couple welcomes hospital's first 2013 baby
A baby born at 12:59 a.m. Tuesday was the first baby of the year at Children's Hospital at the OU Medical Center.
Less than an hour into 2013, Ella Dawley made her debut.
Ella was the first baby born in the new year at the Children's Hospital at OU Medical Center. She was born at 12:59 a.m. to parents Brianne and David Dawley, who live in Shawnee. Big sister Rhianne, 3, welcomed the baby, as well. Ella weighed 6 pounds and 11 ounces and was 20 inches long.
As the first baby of 2013, Ella and her family received a gift bag from the hospital and community organizations, including a voucher for a car seat from Safe Kids, a $100 gift card to Kohl's, Oklahoma City Zoo passes and a gift card, books, stuffed animals, blankets and other items.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 83827Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 81813Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 34696Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 28482Oklahoma sucker-punched by second round of twisters
- 15922Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 12591Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 8828Oklahoma football: Jay Norvell working on luring a tall group of wide receivers to Norman