Shawnee couple welcomes hospital's first 2013 baby
A baby born at 12:59 a.m. Tuesday was the first baby of the year at Children's Hospital at the OU Medical Center.
Less than an hour into 2013, Ella Dawley made her debut.
Ella was the first baby born in the new year at the Children's Hospital at OU Medical Center. She was born at 12:59 a.m. to parents Brianne and David Dawley, who live in Shawnee. Big sister Rhianne, 3, welcomed the baby, as well. Ella weighed 6 pounds and 11 ounces and was 20 inches long.
As the first baby of 2013, Ella and her family received a gift bag from the hospital and community organizations, including a voucher for a car seat from Safe Kids, a $100 gift card to Kohl's, Oklahoma City Zoo passes and a gift card, books, stuffed animals, blankets and other items.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 20835Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 17666Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 12055Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 10703Rx drug bills sent to Oklahoma governor
- 9067Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 8577Tulsa man tells police he smashed woman's head in self-defense
- 8462Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments