Shawnee family looks for missing pet kangaroo
The family got Lucy in June after Menhusen's husband, Larry, expressed an interest in exotic animals. He talked about getting a wallaby, but decided against it. So he and their eldest daughter, Layla, drove to Texas to pick up the family's first pet: a 6-month-old kangaroo.
The name Lucy Sparkles was Layla's idea.
“She was so excited that she was getting a kangaroo,” Menhusen said.
Lucy lives in a little house outside the family's home.
“She comes to a whistle much like a dog would and she also comes to the call of her name,” Menhusen said. “And she comes to the mimic of the sound that a kangaroo makes, which none of us are very good at …”
The family is offering a $500 reward. Anyone with information can call Menhusen at 990-4867.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 36901Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 36295Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 32626Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 8549Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 5487OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 4132Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 4021Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad