Shawnee family looks for missing pet kangaroo
The family got Lucy in June after Menhusen's husband, Larry, expressed an interest in exotic animals. He talked about getting a wallaby, but decided against it. So he and their eldest daughter, Layla, drove to Texas to pick up the family's first pet: a 6-month-old kangaroo.
The name Lucy Sparkles was Layla's idea.
“She was so excited that she was getting a kangaroo,” Menhusen said.
Lucy lives in a little house outside the family's home.
“She comes to a whistle much like a dog would and she also comes to the call of her name,” Menhusen said. “And she comes to the mimic of the sound that a kangaroo makes, which none of us are very good at …”
The family is offering a $500 reward. Anyone with information can call Menhusen at 990-4867.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 90293Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 14176Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 8859Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort
- 7859Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7626Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 7605How to help tornado victims
- 6854OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents