Shawnee mother of two is missing; police suspect foul play
Samantha Weaver, 27, of Shawnee, Oklahoma, was reported missing June 15. Her mother says no one has heard from her since then, but she's hopeful Weaver is still alive.
SHAWNEE — Police are not confident a missing Shawnee woman is still alive, although her mother says she has not given up hope.
NewsOK Related Articles
Samantha Weaver, 27, was reported missing on June 15.
“I'm going to believe she's alive until there's proof she isn't,” said Leona Dohren, 62, of Wisner, Neb. “I'm her mother, and it's too horrible to think anything else.”
Shawnee police detective Ron Wilson said Weaver had gone to a casino in Norman with friends. She left with a man she knew, who said he dropped Weaver off two blocks from a house in Shawnee.
Weaver sent a text message to the father of her two daughters on June 15, saying she would be at his house “in a bit,” but she never showed up. He reported her missing, Wilson said.
“For a young mother not to have contact with her kids for this long — something is not right,” Wilson said. “I don't think she's alive or she would have made contact with someone by now.”
Wilson said records show her cellphone hasn't been used since the day she went missing.
Dohren said Weaver would not have abandoned her daughters, ages 2 and 6. Weaver and the girls' father had separated. The children live with their father, but were with Weaver during the day while he worked.
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 12287Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 11384Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 6956Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 6508Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 4900Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4357OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
- 3734Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law