Sherrel Jones: New Year Brings Old Memories
Sherrel Jones shares her thoughts on a new year of cooking possibility.
We've cooked for rehearsal dinners, bridesmaid luncheons, showers for brides and babies, vestry and choir dinners, funeral wakes and prepared dinners and lunches for visiting artists who transformed an aging relic of a building into a spectacular symphony center. I've donated dinners and luncheons for YWCA fundraisers and cooked for Chautauqua Patron parties here.
I've cooked dinner for former Attorney General William Saxbe, Historian Stephen Ambrose, media personalities like Diane Sawyer and probably tested hundreds of recipes along the way. It was the location for an OSU Student Leadership experience for students from the College of Human Science.
It has been my dream kitchen for teaching cooking classes and cooking with family and friends. Even though our house was designed with a central hall, the kitchen is the true center of the house. We are fed a lot more than food here. We are comforted and inspired, nourished and loved in those things that keep use returning to home and family.
Speaking of nourishment, it's about time to start the bacon.
Happy New Year! Let's make it a yummy one.
Life Photo Galleriesview all
- 4046At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 3397Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 3003How to help tornado victims
- 2509Read live updates from the May 20 Moore tornado
- 1115Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 620Oklahoma twister tracked path of 1999 tornado
- 439Twitter reaction from the sports world on the Moore/OKC tornadoes